October 5, 2019 | David Kubal, President/CEO
I recently received the following comment:
Apparently I am a small segment, but I do not like President Trump. His character is not representative of my Savior, Jesus Christ, at all. I feel very frustrated with Intercessors for America’s constant one-sidedness. If I treated those that don’t agree with me the way Trump does, I would have very little ability to keep relationships. This is not how Jesus went about when He was here . . . [Trump] is NO example to those who are not followers of Jesus, or those who are. I feel very frustrated with all of the IFA mailings and emails.
I pray constantly for Mr. Trump to repent—this is not how we show the world who Jesus is.
Download or receive by mail resources to pray for our President. Let’s pray in unity.
Kathy brings up some legitimate points which I would like to address.
At times President Trump does react and says things that I wish he did not. No question about it. At times his words are not Christ-like. I will not defend him in this. He has been described as having a “New York style,” which is at times abrasive and abrupt. I wish he were stronger on certain issues like biblical marriage, where he seems to have remained neutral to the LGBT agenda. Though I have been with him a number of times, I don’t know him personally, but it is clear he is not a perfect man, and I am sure he would be the first to admit this.
With that said, let me explain why it may appear we are one-sided. In my role, as President of IFA, I must discern God’s activity among our leaders in order to inform our intercessors how to effectively pray. I sense God using President Trump and directing his activities.
Detecting God’s activity by Observing Our Enemy’s Activity
Sometimes we can detect God’s activity by observing our enemy’s activity. Let me use the current “impeachment inquiry” to illustrate:
1. Arbitrary distortion of processes. Established processes are being changed, which is allowing leaders to manipulate current circumstances. Recently the whistleblower complaint form was changed to allow second-hand information as the basis for a complaint. The Federalist reported on 9/27/19, “…the intelligence community secretly eliminated a requirement that whistleblowers provide direct, first-hand knowledge of alleged wrongdoings…The brand new version of the whistleblower complaint form, which was not made public until after the transcript of Trump’s July 25 phone call with the Ukrainian president,…was uploaded on September 24, 2019, at 4:25 p.m.” You will hear much in the press that this fact is not true, but check out the document for yourself and look at the date at the bottom – August 2019. It appears that the internal changes were completed in August and formally uploaded in September.
Processes had been in place to safeguard the whistleblower complaint process from unreliable second or third-hand complaints, which are hearsay. They are changed internally, and then a second-hand complaint leads to an “impeachment inquiry”? Seriously? We are expected to believe this is not an arbitrary change in processes to manipulate circumstances.
It has come to light now that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff’s staff consulted with the whistleblower before the complaint was filed, that aid shared this info with Rep. Schiff, despite Schiff denying any contact with the whistleblower before complaint is filed.
Read about further distortions in the process concerning the House of Representative rules that Speaker Pelosi, who pursued this before seeing the call transcript, is implementing to eliminate the rights of Republicans. Read more HERE.
We need to pray for the establishment and protection of governmental processes that are just and sure.
2. Leaked information. There seems to be a consistent, and repeated, attempt to leak secret information with an attempt to harm this Presidency. This recent “impeachment inquiry” was the result of a leaked secret information by staffers to the whistleblower.
Former FBI Director James Comey is the earliest and most obvious example. His leaks produced the Russia investigation which ended in no evidence that President Trump colluded or obstructed justice. Now this is happening again.
Here’s my point, nobody is leaking documents to support our President, only to damage him. This is illegal activity with the attempt to assert illegitimate claims.
You don’t have to leak truth. Truth stands for itself. As long as a society is just and the populous recognizes honesty, truth will eventually stand. We need to pray that truth would prevail. We can pray to the Truth, Jesus, that all will know what really happened and “[f]or the sins of their mouths, for the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride.” (Ps 59:12)
3. Known sources of evil utilized to bring legitimacy to claims. Again, this current whistleblower complaint uses information from an organization funded by George Soros. The footnote reads, “In a report published by the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) on 22 July…” The complaint form relies on information from OCCRP five separate times. This organization is funded by Soros. Why would destructive forces attempt to bring down itself? Jesus said, “A house divided against itself cannot stand”(Mt 12:25). The enemy is attempting to destroy God’s work through this Administration.
Additionally, the whistleblower’s complaint was turned into a top intelligence operative in the Mueller investigation. Read more HERE.
When I see clear demonic activity—arbitrary distortions of processes, illegal leaking of information, and known evil sources being utilized—my discernment tells me this activity is a demonic attack on someone being used to accomplish God’s purposes. The watchman watches for God’s activity, and also the enemy’s.
Godly Purposes Through the Trump Administration
It is important to understand that we don’t endorse individual candidates, but pray for and encourage godly values being expressed. That said, look at some of the godly purposes that are happening through the Administration’s activities and regulations:
1. President Trump is arguably the most pro-life President since abortion was legalized. He has utilized every avenue he has in order to protect life. Just this week he took more taxpayer money—$34 million—from Planned Parenthood (read the story). He has directed the Department of Health and Human Services to protect life, which they have (read the regulation). His United Nations staff have told the world that U.S. aid will not be tied to abortion services mandates.
2. President Trump has championed religious freedom globally. He has appointed Ambassador Sam Brownback to lead the globe in fighting for religious freedoms.
3. President Trump signed an executive order making it clear that his administration champions religious freedoms. He established a Faith and Opportunity Initiative to ensure that all departments of his administration are friendly toward all faith communities, INCLUDING evangelical Christians. For many years Christians felt as if the government was the enemy of the Church, while this current administration is attempting to engage us. There have been more pastors (in listening sessions) in the White House than any presidency ever!
4. President Trump has transformed the judiciary by appointing over 150 conservative judges (including two Supreme Court Justices) that will affect the nation for decades to come by preserving our founders’ intent expressed through the God-inspired Constitution.
5. President Trump has increased our support of Israel and moved our embassy to Jerusalem.
Kathy, I share your sentiments about President Trump’s style, but I am convinced we need to pray for someone who has the hand of God upon them.
So thanks for writing in. Please don’t feel isolated—most of us have conflicting feelings about our President. Take a few moments to discern the obvious onslaught of evil coming against him and the values of his administration such as life, religious freedom, protecting our inspired Constitution, and support for Israel. I believe we need to pray that our President would not only repent when he does wrong, but also that God’s hand would powerfully guide and direct him.
(Article by David Kubal, IFA President/CEO)