Prayer for Politicians to Kiss the Son
“God doesn’t want to destroy anyone, but He will if He has to.”
Does that statement make you uncomfortable? It should make all of us uncomfortable—because it’s the truth from God’s Word. Let’s face it: 2 Peter 3:9-10 makes it clear that God desires for all men to be saved:
“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up” (2 Peter 3:9-10 NKJV).
But Jesus taught us that the only way for people to BE saved is if they give their lives to Him. As it says in John 14:6:
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me’” (John 14:6 NKJV).
And, unfortunately, not all people have chosen to submit to Jesus as their Lord so that they can be saved.
As Christians, we should be burdened for people to come into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. However, this can be easier said than done.
Sometimes, it’s easy to have a burden and love for lost people when you see them every day; when they are friendly toward you; or when they serve you in some way (e.g. your child’s schoolteacher or the barista who helps you every morning at the coffee shop). However, it can be MUCH more difficult to love someone and pray for their salvation when you know or perceive that they are working against you. And politicians, all too often, fall into the latter category.
Nevertheless, the heart of God is still for us to pray. As the Bible says in Psalm 2:7-12:
“I will declare the decree: the Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You. Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’
Now therefore, be wise, O kings; be instructed, you judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish in the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him” (Psalm 2:7-12 NKJV).
The sad fact is that, just like any other person you run across every day, every politician will eventually find themselves in eternal hellfire if they do not give their lives to Jesus Christ and make Him their Savior and Lord. That is not God’s desire for them; they choose that fate by refusing to submit to Jesus—by refusing to “Kiss the Son.”
O friend, won’t you pray with me today for our politicians in these United States of America to avoid that terrible fate and kiss the Son, yielding submission to Jesus Christ?
Let’s pray this together:
“Dear Heavenly Father, we come to You in Jesus’ name.
Father, we thank You for Your mercies, which are new every day. Thank You that You hear the slightest whisper and the faintest prayer. Thank You that You are still God all by Yourself, and You turn the hearts of the kings like water. We praise You, Father, and give You glory.
Abba Father, we lift up our American politicians and even judges to You. Father, we need righteous laws in this country. We need to be led by righteous people. And while we do ask that You would remove every unholy, wicked, and evil politician and judge from office, we also are concerned for their souls.
Lord Jesus, it is not Your will that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Therefore, Father God, we lift up Your Son’s words in John 14:14: that if we ask anything in His name, He will do it. And in the name of Jesus today, agreeing with Your heart, we pray for ALL the judges and politicians in America to be saved:
- Speak to them in the night seasons.
- Show them Jesus while they sleep; let Jesus, the Man in white, visit them in their dreams.
- Pour out Your Spirit upon them.
- Shower them with Your goodness, which brings people to repentance (Romans 2:4).
- Wake up their consciences and convict them of their sin.
- Let Holy Spirit convict them of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- Show them that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that He is their Hope for eternal salvation.
- Rip the scales and blinders off the eyes of every wicked and evil politician and judge!
- Show them their desperate need for cleansing from their sins.
- Reveal to them by Your Spirit the marvelous truth of the Gospel.
- Put them into contact with pure, unadulterated copies of Your Word, the Bible—and compel them to read Your Scriptures.
- As they read, let Your Word run swiftly into their hearts, bringing forth good fruit—with 30, 60, and 100 times more harvest.
- Like Jesus, let every politician and judge in America love righteousness and hate lawlessness.
- Help them to acknowledge their desperate need for a Savior.
- Make them humble, Father, and lead them to confess their sins to You and make Jesus the Lord of their lives.
- As they make Jesus their Lord, baptize every one in Your Spirit, Your fire, Your power, and Your boldness.
- Help every one of them to confess their faults one to another, and pray for one another, that they may be healed.
Father, we pray for a Damascus Road, Saul-turned-Paul experience for every politician and judge in America.
Father, Your hand is not too short to save even the most heinous sinner. Therefore, Lord, we ask You to arrest every unsaved politician and judge in America. Stop them in their tracks and show them that it does not go well for them to “kick against the goads” of Your wooing and drawing. Let every last one of them yield their heart, soul, mind, body, spirit, career, priorities, and political vote to Jesus Christ.
Lord, let a wave of revival sweep through the politicians and judges of America:
- Turn every Christian in the political sphere into a bold witness for You, Father.
- But, don’t wait on existing Christians for You to move, we pray. Your Spirit is fully capable of revealing Jesus all by Himself, so we ask that You would go before Jesus and prepare His way in the hearts of every man and woman in every political establishment and courthouse in the nation.
- And as every person bows the knee to Jesus and “kisses the Son,” let them shout the name of Christ and trumpet their salvation from the rooftops.
- As each one is saved, preserve their witness and spread their influence for the sake of Christ, we ask, in Jesus’ name.
Thank You, Abba Father. We love You and bless You, and we ask You to show us the answers to our prayers as You work. Thank You in advance for all the politicians who will “Kiss the Son” this day.
In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.”
Did you pray this prayer? Please click “I prayed” then share with others!
Jamie Rohrbaugh equips people to walk in the manifest presence of God. She is the author of On-Time God: 14 Prophetic Words and Prayers for RIGHT NOW. She blogs for a global readership at FromHisPresence.com, where she writes about prayer, the prophetic word, living supernaturally, inner healing, and Kingdom wealth. Her writing is featured on YouVersion, Charisma Magazine, The Elijah List, Spirit Fuel, and various other ministry outlets. Download her free prayer tool, Praying the Names of God: 555 Biblical Names of God and How to Use Them in Prayer and Worship, here. Photo Credit: Canva.
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.
Thanks for Praying!