Latest Update From Ukraine – Day 8
As the situation in Ukraine continues to evolve, we must pray ceaselessly for our brothers and sisters in Christ overseas. Although the situation is dire, we, like the Christians in Ukraine, have the Lord on our side.
From Intercessors for Ukraine. PRAISE THE LORD! UKRAINE IS STANDING STRONG!
We thank God today for:
– providing a fairly quiet day in most of the cities of Ukraine;
– like the president of Ukraine said, ‘among all of UN countries, we’ve got 144 countries side with Ukraine, and 4 countries side with Russia’;
– lawsuits on the crimes committed by Russia against people of Ukraine have been filed at the International Criminal Court simultaneously by 39 countries – which is unprecedent in the world history!
– According to the National Security Council, Ukrainian border guards joined by Ukrainian military forces moved the Russian enemy back towards state border line in the region of Sumy;
– Ukrainian air defence keeps striking down Russian planes which spit fire over Hkarkiv and other peaceful towns and villages of Ukraine;
– the city of Kyiv boldly keeps its defence line. Russian powers are demoralized, while Ukrainian forces get more and more motivated with each new day;
– for high patriotic spirit of our people, which unites us all by one goal – to defend our land from Russian occupant;
⁃ for sanctions starting to make their affect;
But the challenges and threats still remain:
– Day and night residential areas of peaceful citizens of Izum, Hkarkiv, Kyiv, Chernigiv, Sumy, Ohtyrka, Energodar were treacherously destroyed by the lethal weapon forbidden by Zheneva convention;
– Russian occupants continue to present a real threat to the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, located in the city of Energodar. The city of Energodar is under attack;
– situation around Odessa, which Russian landing tries to conceal, remains tense;
– Cities of Kherson, Mykolayiv, Trostyanets’ and small towns in Zaporizhzhya region are still under siege;
⁃ the enemy deploys bombs that violate all the international conventions;
«The holy place is now stricken with war. They are not even afraid of this, they make use of the fact that God doesn’t respond instantly, but God sees it all, and He responds. He responds in such a way that they have no place to hide. There’s no such a bunker which can save them from God’s wrath ‘ – an emotional statement by President Zelensky.
“And even though you ruin all of Ukrainian cathedrals and churches, you can in no way ruin our faith, our sincere faith in Ukraine and in God, faith in our people,” – went on the President – “God is with us.”
We ask all for fervent prayer
– for air and missiles strikes on civil objects and residential areas in Ukrainian towns and villages to be stopped;
– for the siege to fall down the cities of Kharkiv, Sumy, Kherson, Kyiv and Trostyanets;
– for defence and protection of Mykolayiv, Zaporizhzhya, Odesa, Energodar, and, which is more important, Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant;
– for the successful defence and fighting back of the attacks in the Black Sea around Odesa;
– for the military forces – Ukrainian army, territorial defence crews and representatives of all the power structures, who courageously fight for peace in Ukraine;
⁃ for the protection and safety of nuclear power plants in Mykolayiv and Zaporizhzhya regions;
– for the wisdom from above for our President and all military and political leadership of the country;
⁃ for Putin’s plans to be destroyed;
⁃ for our final victory and peace.
With God we will win!
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.»
Psalms 91:1-3, NLT
Please share to all of your friends in Ukraine, America, Europe, Asia, Australia.
In addition to these words from Intercessors for Ukraine, Intercessors for America also received an encouraging update from Far East Broadcasting Company (FEBC), a radio station in Ukraine.
From FEBC. Feb 28, 2022 at 2:01 PM (PST): We were able to do a Zoom meeting this morning with the team joining from all over Ukraine… Igor and Sergey, who have sent several video updates, are walking the streets of Kyiv and sharing Christ with those they are with. Igor just reported leading 20 teens to Christ today. The Holy Spirit is giving them courage and boldness, and people’s openness to the Gospel is unprecedented in this moment of extreme danger. There was an explosion near the Evangelism Center building (our headquarters), but the studios are okay so far. Please pray for God to keep our team safe and for many to be brought into the Kingdom of God during this time.
Mar 2, 2022 at 11:00 AM (PST): Every member of the FEBC Ukraine team is still alive. Several remain in Kyiv. Please pray for God’s leading about what they should do next. The remaining six radio stations [of 7] are still on the air. We are praising God for the privilege of proclaiming hope in Christ in the face of so much war and death. Jesus is a firm foundation and nothing can shake those who belong to Him! Yesterday in a prayer call, Ukrainian broadcaster said, “Now is a golden moment for the Gospel … there are no more atheists in Ukraine.” Please pray for boldness.
Are you encouraged by this update? Share your prayers for Ukraine below.
(From Intercessors for Ukraine and FEBC. Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.
Thanks for Praying!