A DOCTOR SHARES HOW YOU CAN PRAY FOR HEALTH WORKERS
In the face of COVID-19, health care workers are being hailed as heroes. Selflessly serving patients while putting themselves at risk, treating patients in new and difficult ways, all while bearing the emotional pressure themselves. Recently IFA hosted a prayer call, joined by two doctors who shared how IFA intercessors can be praying for healthcare professionals.
How can we pray for healthcare professionals?
- Fear and anxiety in healthcare professionals. Concerns about the deaths of healthcare professionals as well as the pressure and stress of caring for patients in this now-changed landscape are weighing on them.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Tim 1:7)
- Loss of normalcy. Loss of in-person patient contact results from mandatory social distancing. It is very difficult for Christian professionals to share care and concern and connection and pray with patients without touch.
And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Eph 5:2)
- Isolation. A result of this pandemic is no in-person meetings and no casual camaraderie with colleagues. People are afraid to take their masks off. Yet, large Facebook and other groups have formed to develop global collegiality and information sharing among physicians.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. (Ps 28:7)
- Collaboration. Pray for wisdom as this novel disease is treated. Pray for sharing of the Good News, hope, and grace of Christ by Christian health professionals. Pray for an increase in the quality of healthcare despite the challenges.
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. (1 Thes 5:11)
- Risk of infection. Pray for trust in God, for protection, and for the Christian health professionals have opportunities to share the hope that they have in Christ.
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. (Jn 15:13)
- All healthcare workers. Doctors, nurses, lab technicians, housekeeping, food services, etc., are all exposed to the coronavirus and are on the front line of this crisis. They all need prayer.
For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance. (Phil 1:19 NLT)
And what will help all of us deal with this crisis?
- Spend time in the Word of God
- Trusting God’s Promises
- Worship and Praise
- Avoiding social media to focus on Christ
The list of prayer points are from an interview with Dr. Sarah Coors, a neonatalogist from Houston, Texas and IFA intercessor.
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.