Proposed Abortion Law Could Make Devastating Impact
From Life News: Hard to imagine, unless you believe there can be no limitations of any kind on abortion at any point in pregnancy, that this coming Monday the Senate will vote on the misnamed “Women’s Health Protection Act.”
The bill has already passed the House on September 24, 2021 and Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-NY) is teeing it up in the Senate. Democrats have filed cloture—end debate—so as to vote on the sweeping Women’s Health Protection Act (H.R. 3755)…
H.R. 3755 would invalidate most previously enacted federal limits on abortion, including federal conscience protection laws and most, if not all, limits on government funding of abortion. As National Right to Life has written, among the protective laws that the bill would nullify
- Requirements to provide women seeking abortion with specific information on their unborn child and on alternatives to abortion;
- Laws providing reflection periods (waiting periods);
- Laws allowing medical professionals to opt-out of providing abortions;
- Laws limiting the performance of abortions to licensed physicians;
- Bans on elective abortion after 20 weeks when an unborn child is capable of feeling pain;
- Bans on the use of abortion as a method of sex selection. Anti-sex selection laws generally have broad public support in the states in which they are enacted, including support from substantial majorities of women…
If H.R. 3755 were to become law, the “Women’s Health Protection Act” would have a devastating impact not only on all current but also on future pro-life legislation.
How are you praying for this issue?
(Excerpt from Life News. Photo Credit: Unsplash)
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.
Thanks for Praying!