February 18, 2021 | Jamie Rohrbaugh, IFA Contributing Writer
As intercessors, it is our duty and privilege to pray the will of God. However, praying the will of God doesn’t always mean we pray for people to be blessed.
Of course, we always pray first and foremost that people will be saved. However, according to Scripture, there are some who have given themselves over to a degenerate mind and no longer listen to their conscience. These people have no hope of salvation, for they have rejected God for the final time.
I’ve written before about how to pray when people have become the enemies of God. Today, however, I want to invite you simply to pray with me about the wicked, evil politicians in America.
As we pray the prayer below together, please note that I am not calling any specific person wicked or evil. We should judge the fruit of every person’s behavior, just as Jesus mentioned pertaining to false prophets in Matthew 7:15-20:
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.”
The fruit of every person’s behavior must be compared to the Word of God, the Bible, according to Isaiah 8:20:
“To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20).
And many other Scriptures list the works of the flesh and of evil. Therefore, even though I am not applying the prayer below to any particular person in this article, we should always discern evil behavior based on these criteria of Scripture—and should stand for righteousness, no matter how the world tries to lead us or how much the world likes a particular person or organization.
That said, would you pray with me today for the wicked and evil politicians in America at every level?
“Dear Heavenly Father, we come to You in Jesus’ name.
Father God, Your Word says to enter into Your gates with thanksgiving, and into Your courts with praise. Therefore, Father, we thank You that You alone sit above the circle of the earth as the Judge and Redeemer of mankind and of nations. You alone are great and fair and wise and just, and You hear every righteous prayer. We praise You for that, Father God. We praise You for who You are, and we thank You that You can be depended upon.
Father, we lift our voices and cry to You right now for Your help and justice in America.
We ask You, Father, first and foremost, that if there are any unrighteous politicians in America who can still be saved—from the local town level to the highest levels of government—we ask You to save them:
- Wake up their consciences to see the horrors of every sin they are involved in or perpetuating.
- Convict them of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- Show them Jesus so clearly that they cannot deny He exists.
- Let them have a holy terror when they see Jesus. Reinforce to them that judgment is coming if they are not clothed in the white robes of righteousness, washed and forgiven by Your grace through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Let them experience a holy horror at what they have done and are doing.
- Grant them a deep, heart-felt, gut-level, transformational REPENTANCE, and turn them around to go after the righteousness of Christ.
- Help them bend the knee to Jesus, making Him the Lord and Savior of their lives!
- Help them then to make right everything they have done that was wrong; help them to mend, restore, and rectify every evil they have perpetuated against the American people at any level!
But Father God, for those wicked and evil politicians who have given themselves over to a degenerate mind—those who have rejected You for the last time, who have no conscience left and for whom there is no hope of salvation—for these, Father, we ask:
- Reveal their evil works of darkness to the world.
- Let Your light shine in the darkest places, and do not allow them to hide what they have done any more.
- Let truth-telling witnesses and truth-telling whistleblowers come forward, and let them tell their stories at the right places, to the right people, at the right time.
- Let people listen to these truth-tellers according to Your will.
- Let every media outlet share and reveal these stories of evil according to Your will.
- Let there be no more coverups any more, Father! Expose the unfruitful works of darkness, and let the American people be incensed!
- Let these wicked and evil politicians become disgusted with their sin, and cause every one of their colleagues to be revolted by their sin as well.
- Let every person surrounding these wicked and evil politicians decide to keep no company with evil and divisive men; let the wicked person be found alone and without any help that would perpetuate his or her wickedness.
- Let their evil plans come to nothing.
- Hinder and prevent them from carrying out any more evil. Bind their hands from doing any evil.
- Remove their resources; transfer those resources into the hands of the righteous.
- Let confusion and chaos enter the camp of the enemy, but let righteous order and victory be found in the camp of the Lord.
- Let the wicked turn upon themselves, as they did so many times in Scripture when YOU intervened on the day of battle.
Bring them to justice:
- As the great Judge of the earth, Father, we ask You to force the correct law enforcement departments to get involved in each situation and case, according to Your will.
- Let reliable, solid evidence come forth and be preserved.
- Let all truthful, reliable, solid evidence be considered admissible to court—but let zero evidence be admitted to any court anywhere that is doctored, false, or fabricated in any way.
- Cause these cases to be assigned to righteous judges, and protect those judges and their families.
- Cause these cases to be prosecuted and brought to court by righteous attorneys, and protect those attorneys, their families, and their businesses.
- Give the witnesses a holy boldness to appear in court and speak truth with credibility. Protect these witnesses and their families.
- Make the wickedness and evil which have been perpetuated upon the American people so odious in the sight of law enforcement that they prosecute these cases to the fullest extent of the law.
- Eliminate the two-tiered justice system, Father, and ensure that the wicked and evil politicians are prosecuted and brought to justice no matter who they are, who their friends are, who has paid them money, or to whom THEY have paid money.
- Let the juries, councils, commissions, and committees see, hear, discern, and recognize TRUTH. Let them refuse to rest until the wicked ones are brought to justice, and give them no peace until they see righteousness and justice served.
- Convict each perpetrator, Father God, and cause them to be sentenced according to Your will.
- Force them to take their punishment and prevent them from escaping from it.
- Remove them from political office in every capacity, and let a righteous person who will uphold Your values and Your Word take their place in every instance. Position and prepare those righteous people to assume office now, so they will be ready when the time comes.
Father, Psalm 109:8 says, “Let his days be few, and let another take his office.” While we do NOT pray for the death of any person, we do ask that every wicked politician’s DAYS IN OFFICE would be few, and that a righteous person would take their office.
Father, You have ways to bring the wicked to justice—and we ask You to do it. We ask that, starting right now, the countdowns would begin and the clocks would begin to tick if they haven’t already—and that left and right, wicked politicians would be exposed and removed:
- From city councils, school boards, and every other office at the local level;
- From election commissions and everything associated with them;
- From mayor’s offices;
- From state legislatures;
- From governor’s offices;
- From every level of the federal government.
Thank You, Father. We depend on You to give us righteous leaders and righteous government. Let us rise up and vote Your will, but we depend on You to do the rest which we cannot. Help us, Father.
Thank You, Abba Father. Thank You, Lord Jesus; and thank You, precious Holy Spirit. We love You, and we give You all the praise. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen and amen.”
Beloved, we must always obey the Word of God to pray first for our leaders:
“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior” (1 Timothy 2:1-3).
… But that doesn’t mean we ever pray for them to get a free pass to do whatever they want to do. As Christians, we MUST stand for righteousness and justice, which are the foundations of God’s throne. These are bold prayers, but they are biblical and therefore in line with God’s will. As we pray, our God who sits on the throne of the universe WILL hear and answer … so take heart! As 1 John 5:4-5 says: “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”
Did you pray this prayer with me today? If so, leave a comment below!
Jamie Rohrbaugh is an author and speaker who equips people to walk in the manifest presence and power of God. Jamie blogs for a global readership at FromHisPresence.com, where she writes about radical prayer, the prophetic word, the supernatural lifestyle, inner healing, and Kingdom wealth. She is a frequent contributor to Charisma Magazine, The Elijah List, Spirit Fuel, and various other ministry outlets. You can download her free ebook containing 555 names of God for prayer and worship here. (Photo Credit: Unsplash.)