March 24, 2020 | From IFA Staff
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi debuted a 1,120-page coronavirus rescue bill after Democrats tanked the Senate proposal on Sunday night.
The bill includes a wish list of pet issues of left-leaning activists including:
- Additional funding for Planned Parenthood
- Carbon offsets for airlines
- Same-day voter registration, early voting, voting by mail, ballot harvesting
- Diversity requirements, including the provision that federal agencies to use businesses and financial institutions owned by minorities or women.
- Automatic extension of alien visas
What was once a bill aimed at swift relief for Americans, has become a bill laden with pork and pet projects, benefitting special interest groups over the American people. At a time when our leaders should put politics aside and work for the good of the nation, partisan funding tactics are being played, all while delaying aid to those Americans who need it most. It is a pivotal time for our nation–will we pursue policies and programs that help but don’t enslave with more entitlements, or will we veer off course and build this response on a false foundation?