12 Prayers to Speak Over America
As we move into this critical election, it is important that we be in constant prayer for our nation. Follow along with these 12 prayers.
From Kenneth Copeland Ministries. Are you wholeheartedly seeking the Lord on how to pray for our nation? You are not alone! Throughout the history of the United States, many have prayed and interceded for this country. From the beginning, our Founding Fathers faithfully prayed and believed for the United States to thrive, particularly as we were separating from the oppression of England and establishing our own nation.
If you’re looking for inspiration, then consider these 12 Prayers To Speak Over America, based on quotes and prayers from our Founding Fathers, and grounded in the Word of God.
1) “Lord, I come before You to humbly ask to illuminate our nation’s political understanding. In the beginning, You protected our Founding Fathers and their families as they stood against tyranny. Now I am asking You to protect every voter and every political candidate who is standing up against tyranny in these times. Your will be done in these elections.” –Inspired by Benjamin Franklin’s speech on the first day of the Constitutional Convention, asking for “the assistance of Heaven” to help the 55 delegates write the Constitution (John 1:9).
2) “You listen to me, kingdom of darkness, you are without authority. In the Name of Jesus Christ, you take your hands off every single government leader who has taken an oath for this country. Our government leaders remember the Lord and remember their obligations to the United States of America.“ –Inspired by Rufus King, who helped write a total of five oath clauses in the Constitution (Colossians 2:15).
3) “In the Name of Jesus, I declare the Church in this nation to take the right ground in politics. Every believer understands it is his or her right, and duty, to vote. They celebrate their duty to God and to their country.” –Inspired by Pastor Charles Finney, the Father of American revivalism, who encouraged Christians to vote in the 1800s (Exodus 18:21).
4) “Lord, I thank You for the unprecedented and unexpected turnaround in this nation. There is agreement toward Your original intent in the Constitution. There is agreement that it is Your Almighty hand acting upon the United States of America. We overcome all our difficulties by faith.” –Inspired by James Madison, the Father of the Constitution (Matthew 18:19; 1 Peter 3:22).
5) “In the Name of Jesus, the citizens of the United States of America remember and esteem the Constitution. We shall understand that the finger of God was upon the writing and signing of the Constitution. As our Founding Fathers wrote our beloved document with a diversity of interests, we now as citizens agree on its authority even with our own diverse interests.” –Inspired by Alexander Hamilton, addressing the Constitutional Convention (Psalm 8:3).
6) “Lord, I thank You that all politicians and leaders who serve in local, state and national governments, and all of those who have entered into oath to protect this nation, do so now in the Name of Jesus. As You raise new leaders into office, and they take their oaths, they have the same heart for You as our Founding Fathers did and seek You in their daily decisions.” –Inspired by John Witherspoon, on the importance and meaning of an oath (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
7) “Almighty God, I lift this nation up to You, that our citizens will reverence Your Word and Your ways. We will accomplish the good works in which You’ve sent us here to do.” –Inspired by George Washington’s prayer (Jeremiah 17:26; Hebrews 13:5).
8) “Bless and praise the Name of the Lord Most High for giving me this nation where the glorious tidings of my Savior and His salvation continually sound in my ears as the lost return to Him with boldness.” –Inspired by Robert Treat Paine, signer of the Declaration of Independence (Titus 2:13).
9) “Almighty God, You have given us this good land for our heritage. I humbly ask for Your favor and Your will to be upon this nation. Although we come from many different nations, You defend our liberties and make us one united people. You save us from every evil way and make justice and peace primary in our homes and in this land.” –A rendition of Thomas Jefferson’s prayer from his book Prayers for Today (Psalm 136:21-23).
10) “Bless You, Lord, for You are this nation’s sole sovereign Ruler, and Jesus our only King. This nation will not bow to communism or socialism.” –Inspired by a John Adams quote (Exodus 20:4-6).
11) “Lord, I thank You this nation’s prize is freedom for all. God commands all those who are oppressed be freed and the chains of all oppressors to be broken. Roll years of promise rapidly forth until all in this nation are free.” –Inspired by a John Quincy Adams quote (2 Corinthians 3:17).
12) “In Jesus’ Name, we declare that the American people will not forget You, our traditions and our history. We remember the country we love, the faith we cherish, and the freedom which will now be preserved. There is a shaking and an awakening in this nation. Every citizen remembers the United States of America was born from fearless men who resisted tyranny and oppression.” –Inspired by Roger Sherman, a statesman and lawyer who was a signer of both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution (Deuteronomy 7:9).
Be inspired by these 12 Prayers To Speak Over America. Our Founding Fathers used their faith to establish this nation, and we can now use our faith to reclaim it!
Watch America Stands election-night coverage in the spirit of faith on VICTORY Channel®, Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT.
Share your own prayers and scriptures for America below.
(Used with permission. From Kenneth Copeland Ministries. Photo Credit: Andrew Ruiz on Unsplash)
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.
Thanks for Praying!