TX School Board Attempts to Silence Parents
Two parents have filed a lawsuit against a Texas School Board, alleging the Board illegally acted to silence them to prevent exposure of their misdeeds.
From a press release by Jeremy Story, one of the parents suing the school board. Residents of Round Rock, TX, an Austin suburb, filed a federal lawsuit against 5 Round Rock ISD school board Trustees, the district Superintendent, former school district Chief of Police and several other school district Police Officers after they violated parents’ constitutional rights in a concerted attempt to coverup the board’s misdeeds and silence the community they were sworn to serve. This story concerns issues of both abortion and parental rights in education which has been prevalent in current news.
Filed by Jeremy Story, a minister, and Dustin Clark, a former army Captain, the suit claims, “the Defendants conspired to deprive Story and Clark of fundamental constitutional rights when they sought to: a) reveal Defendants’’illegal hiring of RRISD Superintendent Hafedh Azaiez; b) expose Azaiez’s physical assault of his pregnant mistress after she refused to abort his unborn child, and c) object to an RRISD Board vote of a tax rate that was effectively closed, violating the Texas Open Meetings Act.”
Story stated, “We are two of many residents who have been harmed by the actions of RRISD. This case demonstrates the abuse of power by some school boards across America. Most educators serve from a genuine selfless desire to academically help students. Other renegade administrations are destroying public education with personal agendas and fiscal corruption going well beyond academics.”
The complaint contains several shocking highlights:
- Five of seven board members secretly and unlawfully worked together behind the scenes to favor and facilitate the hire of the Superintendent.
- Some board members precipitated the assault by informing the Superintendent they had been contacted by a woman claiming to be in relationship with him who was concerned for her safety.
- School board members were privately informed the Superintendent had a protective order for family violence against him but, some conspired to hide the issue.
- Dustin Clark was escorted out of a board meeting for pointing out the board was illegally voting in a tax increase while locking the public out of the board room.
- School district police dragged Jeremy Story off the speaking stand during the public comment period at the bequest of board members and the Superintendent.
- Later the same month, school police bear-hugged Jeremy Story around a poll and pushed him to the floor to keep him and other parents from entering a public board meeting.
- After these efforts failed to silence them, Clark and Story were illegally arrested at their homes.
- After two dissenting board members tried to do the right thing; they were victims of a malicious public censure attempt by the five board member defendants.
Plaintiff Clark noted, “In the past 12 months, we have witnessed five Round Rock ISD trustees, police, and a few district administrators engage in lawlessness, intentionally subverted the rights of parents and Round Rock tax-paying citizens. Their concerted actions have demonized and suppressed certain people who advocate for children and their own rights as citizens. Filing this lawsuit shows these perpetrators their misconduct and lawlessness will no longer be tolerated.”
The district has experienced a more than 30-million-dollar deficit due to a recent decline in enrollment by over 4,000 students. The district has an ‘F’ financial rating with the state and has experienced significant teacher and administrator resignations. All local authorities have abdicated prosecuting the charges brought by the school district against Clark and Story. The Attorney General of Texas, Ken Paxton, recently agreed to do a full investigation of the school district as well as evaluate the arrests of Clark and Story.
Fox News has posted an interview with Story and Clark. Click here to watch it.
(Used with permission from Jeremy Story. Photo Credit: Jeremy Story)
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.
Thanks for Praying!