Prophetic Prayer for America in 2023
Are you ready to reap a harvest of joy after all the tears you have sown for America? Are you ready to watch the Lord bring us back from the captivity of our land, while we watch in awe like those who dream?
In past years, as the Scripture has said: The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad (Psalm 126:3).
We are thankful for all the things God has already done. However, we have prayed many prayers for which He has not yet manifested the answer.
Think about it: As intercessors, we have sown the seeds of our tears, fasting, prophetic decrees, obedience, unity, and humility, as well as our corporate repentance for the sins of this land. We have obeyed God’s commands to turn to Him with all our heart, and with fasting, weeping, and mourning (Joel 2:12). We have consecrated many fasts and called for many sacred assemblies (Joel 2:15–17).
Therefore, it follows, based on God’s inerrant, infallible word, that it is time for Him to be zealous for His land, pity His people, and take dramatic action on our behalf.
Then the Lord will be zealous for His land, and pity His people. The Lord will answer and say to His people, “Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil, and you will be satisfied by them; I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations” (Joel 2:18–19 NKJV).
Because we have obeyed the Lord with our intercession and repentance, God Himself has promised in His word that He will restore our nation and send prosperity of every kind again. After He restores wholeness and prosperity to us (Joel 2:18–27), He will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh (Joel 2:28–32).
Since we are in a position of victory, fighting in the name of Christ with His victory already assured, won’t you join me in praying this prayer and decree of triumph for 2023?
Let’s pray this together:
Father God, in the name of Jesus, we thank You for loving us and caring for our needs. We thank You that You are good and that Your mercy endures forever.
Father, thank You for everything You did in 2022 and prior years. But as 2023 dawns, we believe that You are doing a new thing — now it springs forth; we do see it!
We thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You are making all things new in the United States of America, right now. We thank You that You are even now dethroning unrighteous leaders and establishing righteousness at all levels of government. We thank You that hidden things are being exposed and revealed, and that You are bringing justice where there was none before.
Abba Father, in the mighty name of Jesus, we speak the following over our nation:
- Let God arise, and His enemies be scattered! Let ALL those who hate Him flee before Him! (see Psalm 68:1).
- Let the triumph of the righteous be manifest, in the holy and precious name of Jesus!
- Let the resurrection power of God flood over this land, resurrecting hunger and passion for righteousness again!
- Let every state resound with the praises of our God!
- Let the righteous shout for joy with the voice of triumph!
We thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that 2023 is the year in which the righteous shall be exalted.
We have humbled ourselves under Your mighty hand, and we will forever continue to do so. But, Father, Your word says that the set time to favor us has come. So, Heavenly Father, we expect and are assured of Your favor this year.
Lord, we thank You that You are right now rebuilding the ancient ruins and reestablishing the ancient paths. Specifically, You are:
- restoring the sovereign legality of the Constitution in America;
- securing our borders against every unholy invader;
- restoring our judges as at the first (Isaiah 1:26);
- restoring godly wisdom to our people;
- teaching every person to distinguish the holy from the profane;
- awakening every person to love righteousness and hate lawlessness;
- taking evil “wokeness” out of vogue and restoring common sense and Your wisdom from above to our people;
- showing corporations the error of their ways and bringing them back to simply doing business righteously, instead of being lobbying organizations for evil.
Abba Father, we thank You that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong … (Ecclesiastes 9:11).
Appearances don’t matter at all; the only thing that matters is that You are fighting for us, for greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4). You and You alone are the great victor and conqueror over all. You have given us victory by the blood of Jesus, and You enforce victory for Your people.
The wicked may sometimes appear to be stronger than we are, Father, but that is only an illusion — not the truth. So we thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, and God of angel armies, that in Jesus’ name we are more than conquerors. We rejoice before You, Lord. And we speak Your word over every wicked one in America: As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God (Psalm 68:2 NKJV).
Father, 2023 is the year when our freedoms will be restored.
By this prayer, we nominate, vote in, establish, and decree in Jesus’ name that 2023 is America’s Year of Jubilee. We shall be free this year:
- from all encumbrances to a righteous legal process;
- from all hindrances to legal and honest elections;
- from all unholy leadership;
- from ungodly “wokeness” and the evil agenda of Satan and his forces;
- from having our rights and liberties infringed upon;
- from attacks of the minority in the name of “tolerance” and “inclusion”;
- from every evil thing.
And in the name of Jesus, we thank You, Father, that America shall be free in 2023.
We thank You also that 2023 is a year of prosperity. And we release our edicts in the name of Jesus:
- that our stock market shall rebound and do better than ever in every sector, including technology;
- that our economic markets shall stabilize;
- that interest rates will be controlled only by godly and righteous people, making godly decisions that are good for the American people;
- that our nation’s budget shall be balanced;
- that the cost of goods shall be reduced and be restored to normal;
- that our national debt shall be reduced or eliminated in a godly way;
- that unholy government spending will be stopped;
- that small-business owners shall prosper in everything to which they set their hands;
- that good jobs shall be available to every American;
- that Americans shall return to work in droves and that there shall no longer be any staffing issues or difficulties in our factories, stores, restaurants, and other businesses;
- that our supply chain shall be freed and must flow without hindrance or blockage;
- that taxes will be reduced;
- that inflation shall cease;
- that the dollar shall regain its value;
- that retirement accounts will regain their value;
- that every American will prosper financially;
- and that the Church will do its job in helping the poor.
We thank You also, Father, that 2023 is the year in which:
- gender-transition surgeries on minors shall become unthinkable and unacceptable;
- irrefutable scientific data will emerge to show that abortion and woke gender ideology is absolutely dangerous and false for all people;
- abortion at any stage of pregnancy shall become unthinkable and unlawful in all 50 states;
- the gospel shall thunder from the pulpits of American churches;
- Christians will return to fellowship, to the apostles’ doctrine, to prayer, and to the breaking of bread, just as You prescribe in Acts chapter 2;
- Christians shall become such good stewards of Your finances that we shall be known as the blessed and wealthy of the Lord;
- revival shall break out on every street corner;
- You shall thrust out laborers into Your harvest field at an unprecedented rate, opening doors to allow all who desire to serve You full-time in vocational ministry to do so;
- Christian churches shall be crowded again with people desiring to hear the gospel;
- You will work with us as we proclaim Your word, and You will confirm Your word with signs, wonders, and miracles of every kind;
- our sons and daughters, husbands and wives, grandchildren, and parents who are away from You will return to You with fasting, weeping, and mourning;
- the righteous shall have favor and shall rule and reign over the wicked at every opportunity.
Thank You, Abba Father.
Lord, 2023 is a divine appointment for us, Your people, and we look forward to it.
We thank You that You are a rewarder of those who seek You. Therefore, Father, we ask in Jesus’ name that You would reward us for seeking You all these years.
We remind You of Your word in Matthew chapter 6, which says that You will reward us openly when we pray and fast in secret. So we ask You to openly reward us for every prayer we have prayed in our prayer closets. We ask You to openly reward us, both individually and corporately, for every fast we have observed to Your name. And we thank You that it is done and it is so, because Your word cannot return to You void.
Salvation belongs to the Lord, Abba Father. Your blessing is upon Your people. And we thank You in the mighty and matchless name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth that this is the year when You may have raised us up in obscurity, but now You are flaunting Your work to the world. As it is written, so let it be done.
Thank You, Holy One of Israel. We give You all the glory, and we worship You, and You alone.
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Does this prophetic prayer of triumph for 2023 resonate with you? Is Holy Spirit bearing witness with your spirit? If so, leave a comment below and write down your agreement with this prayer! And please share this prayer with others.
Jamie Rohrbaugh is the author Speak Life Volume 1: Chart Your Course with Your Words. She is the founder and CEO of From His Presence, and is dedicated to equipping God’s people in prayer, the prophetic word, living supernaturally, inner healing, and Kingdom wealth. Her writing can be found on YouVersion Bible Plans, Charisma Magazine, The Elijah List, Spirit Fuel, and various other ministry outlets. Download her free prayer tool, Praying the Names of God: 555 Biblical Names of God and How to Use Them in Prayer and Worship, here. Photo Credit: Andrew Ruiz on Unsplash.
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.
Thanks for Praying!