Pelosi Supports China’s Human Rights Abuse?
From The Daily Wire…Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA) instructed U.S. athletes to not “speak out” against communist China’s human rights abuses during the Winter Olympics because it might make China angry.
“I would say to our athletes — you are there to compete,” Pelosi said in part during testimony before the Congressional-Executive Commission on China. “Do not risk incurring the anger of the Chinese government because they are ruthless. I know there is a temptation on the part of some to speak out while they are there, I respect that. But, I also worry about what the Chinese government might do to their reputations, to their families…”
“So she’s warning US Olympians to stay silent about China’s atrocities. No surprise this comes right as Democrats are trying to jam through the 3,000-page ‘America Concedes Act’ that helps China but hurts America.”
Other notable responses to Pelosi’s remarks included:
- Guy Benson, Townhall: “If she believes US athletes should be silent about *China’s genocide* because the CCP’s reprisals would *endanger the safety* of athletes & their families, that’s a very strong case that the US should not be dignifying this disgrace with our presence in any way.”
- Rep. Carlos A. Gimenez (R-FL): “The U.S. should be BACKING UP athletes using their freedom of self-expression to expose the Beijing communists for the murderers they are, NOT telling them to hide. Americans down cower to communists. We defeat them.”
- Nile Gardiner, former aide to Margaret Thatcher: “This is a disgrace. The United States is the world’s superpower. It should never kowtow to the Chinese Communist Party…”
- Rep. Kevin Hern (R-OK): “Americans fight for freedom and defend the voiceless – if our athletes can’t display those American values while representing @TeamUSA in the Olympics, why are we there at all?”
- Rep. Michelle Steel (R-CA): “This is despicable. We cannot allow the #CCP to walk all over us. It is unacceptable that we’ve put our athletes in this position.”
- Rep. Scott Austin (R-GA): “Outrageous that the Speaker finds it necessary to ask American athletes not to acknowledge the CCP’s mass genocide of the Uyghur Muslims and their use of slave labor.”
Share your thoughts in the comments!
(Excerpt from The Daily Wire. Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Partner with Us
Intercessors for America is the trusted resource for millions of people across the United States committed to praying for our nation. If you have benefited from IFA's resources and community, please consider joining us as a monthly support partner. As a 501(c)3 organization, it's through your support that all this possible.
Thanks for Praying!