March 17, 2020 | From the White House
Yesterday the White House held an informative news conference and released important new guidelines. They emphasized that the next 15 days will determine how long and how impactful the coronavirus is. They are asking every American to help! WE CAN AFFECT THE OUTCOME TOGETHER, PRAYING AND FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES.
The new recommendations will have a resounding impact on public health. While the President leads a nationwide response, bringing together government resources and private-sector ingenuity, every American can help slow the virus’ spread and keep our most high-risk populations safe:
- Listen to and follow the directions of your state and local authorities.
- If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.
- If your children are sick, keep them at home. Contact your medical provider.
- If someone in your household has tested positive for the Coronavirus, keep the entire household at home.
- If you are an older American, stay home and away from other people.
- If you are a person with a serious underlying health condition—such as a significant heart or lung disease—stay home and away from other people.
Today’s guidelines build on the CDC’s recommendations to help prevent spread of the virus. Americans should continue practicing strict personal hygiene, including washing hands regularly for at least 20 seconds at a time and wiping down surfaces in the home regularly.
Even if you are young and otherwise healthy, you are at risk—and your activities can increase the risk of contracting the Coronavirus for others. Everyone can do their part.
There’s no better way to protect your family and your community than by arming yourself with accurate, up-to-date information.
Please pray for the team of experts leading the way in developing protocols, ensuring supply chains transport needed goods, tracking infection rates, and more. And share this, because it is accurate, true information–there are enough unsubstantiated rumors out there–we can take our part by sharing the truth with others.