March 19, 2020 | From Forbes, with IFA prayer points
President Trump said in a Thursday press briefing that chloroquine, a drug used to treat malaria and severe arthritis, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration to test as a COVID-19 coronavirus treatment, as the number of cases nationwide continues to increase.
Thank God for this potential treatment!
- The drug will be used in a clinical trial, according to FDA commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn, who spoke during the press briefing.
Pray for safety of the subjects in the trial and for conclusive evidence of effectiveness.
- Trump also said that other antiviral medications will be fast-tracked for FDA approval.
Pray that these medications will be ethically tested and created and for God’s direction for the scientists.
- “We will collect that data and make the absolute right decisions based upon those data about the safety and efficacy of the treatments,” said Hahn.
Pray that researchers will have God’s wisdom in their work.
- Trump also claimed that the White House has “slashed red tape” to speed up approval for vaccines and other treatments.
Pray that essential safeguards will remain in place while unnecessary bureaucracy avoided.
- Trump added that the FDA approved “compassionate use” for a number of patients, which allows very ill patients to use drugs not yet approved by the agency for widespread use.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on all those who are sick, especially everyone who is very sick.
Crucial quote: “What’s also important is not to provide false hope,” said Hahn, who spoke after Trump, adding, “We may have the right drug, but it might not be in the appropriate dosage form right now, and it might do more harm than good.”
God, we thank You that hope in You is NEVER false hope. Increase our hope in You and our faith!
A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he has brought justice through to victory. In his name the nations will put their hope. (Mt 12:20-21)
(Excerpt from Forbes. Prayer points from IFA.)