December 18, 2020 | From World View Weekend Broadcast Network
A group backed by congressional Democrats touting a “Secular America” has sent a 28-page document to the Biden transition team advising him to strip First Amendment rights from Christians who advocate traditional biblical positions on the sanctity of life, marriage, education and the nuclear family.
The group, calling themselves the Secular Democrats of America, sent the letter to Biden’s team under the title “Restoring Constitutional Secularism and Patriotic Pluralism in the White House: Prepared exclusively by Secular Democrats of America PAC for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris Transition Team.” . . .
The document calls for a purge of social conservatives from all levels of government, labeling them as “white nationalist” and “conspiracy theorists.” . . .
He said vengeful Democrats are making enemy lists and have their sights set on the traditional Catholic community as well as the conservative evangelical Protestant community – two groups that voted for Donald Trump in droves. . . .
The document states:
“The constant entanglement of religion and government—promoted by the religious right and intensified by the Trump administration—sweeps far beyond hot-button ‘culture war’ issues like abortion and contraception. It permeates every aspect of government policy— healthcare, public and private education, foreign policy, tax policy, environmental policy, military policy, and more, all of which will be addressed in this document.”
It goes on to support the most draconian governmental responses to the COVID-19 virus and climate change, which sounds eerily similar to the World Economic Forum’s proposed “great reset” of the global economic and social order . . . .
The document chastises President Trump for not following all of the arbitrary, constantly changing rules coming from the World Health Organization and “experts” like Dr. Anthony Fauci. . . .
The document demonizes conservative Christians as enemies of the state, equating them with “white nationalists” and “white supremacy,” which to the left is code for fascism, deserving of extreme retribution and ostracizing them from society.
The paper states:
“We urge you not to underestimate the institutional strength of what we refer to (interchangeably) in this document as the ‘Christian nationalist movement’ or the ‘religious right.’ … Its extreme and sectarian agenda is on constant display under the Trump-Pence administration. Its political ideology is anti-democratic and anti-scientific. It provides constant cover for white supremacy.” . . .
Loudon, who has spent decades studying the speeches, papers, articles and books put out by radical leftists, says that when the left says they’re going to “unbrainwash you,” what they’re really saying is they want to brainwash you in their way of thinking.
“This is a document that the communists would be proud of. It is couched in the same sort of manner that I read in the communist press,” Loudon said. “They use certain weasel words that you can figure out what it means, and it is very, very scary stuff.” . . .
While they don’t call themselves communists, radicalized Democrats plan to launch a similar cultural revolution in America if Biden gets in power, said Loudon.
“The Democratic party is now a Marxist party,” Loudon said. “This document is aimed at the Marxists’ main enemy in this country, which is traditional Christianity. It’s very, very clear.” . . .
The document calls on Biden to make the following changes:
- Eliminating government support for all crisis pregnancy centers and all abstinence-only education programs in schools.
- Deny free speech and religious liberty to select Americans based on their religious beliefs.
- Incentivize states to strip parents of all non-medical exemptions to mandatory vaccinations for children in schools or daycare centers.
- Remove “In God We Trust” from U.S. currency.
- Repeal the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA)
- Rescind and replace the Trump DOJ’s federal protections for religious liberty.
- Appoint an attorney general who will support governors whose emergency COVID-19 executive orders restrict gatherings at houses of worship.
- Reverse the Trump administration policies that have allowed faith-based government-funded contractors to provide adoption and foster care services and work with Congress to pass the Every Child Deserves a Family Act.
- Fully and robustly fund “comprehensive” sex education, which to the leftist means encouraging elementary and middle school-age children to declare themselves one of dozens of made-up non-biological gender identities and learn how to engage in various deviant forms of sex.
- Work with governors to educate and combat Project Blitz and encourage the introduction of the Do No Harm Act at the state level. [Project Blitz is a pro-family lobbying group described by the Secular Democrats as “a coordinated effort by Christian Nationalists to inject religion into public education, attack reproductive healthcare, and undermine LGBTQ equality using a distorted definition of ‘religious freedom.’”
- The document tells Biden: “We urge you to avoid invoking the phrase ‘Judeo-Christian values,’ as it has been weaponized by the religious right to advance an agenda that has the veneer of inclusivity but actually undermines religious freedom and tolerance and does not represent tens of millions of Americans implicitly excluded from its formulation.
Among those endorsing the document as part of the Congressional Free Thought Caucus are the following members of Congress, all Democrats:
Rep. Jared Huffman (Co-Chair and Founding Member)
Rep. Jamie Raskin (Co-Chair and Founding Member)
Rep. Dan Kildee, D-Mich. (Founding Member)
Rep. Jerry McNerney, (Founding Member)
Rep. Don Beyer Jr., D-Va.
Rep. Sean Casten, D-Ill.
Rep. Steve Cohen, D-TN
Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash.
Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga.
Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif.
Eleanor Holmes Norton, non-voting delegate from D.C.
Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wisc.
Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich.
Rep. Susan Wild, D-Pa. . . . .
The document sent to Biden explicitly singles out the “religious right” — Americans who have always leaned conservative, who elected Ronald Reagan in 1980 and Donald Trump in 2016. . . .
It was these same Christian conservatives who were seen as having blocked Hillary Clinton’s coronation as the rightful heir to Barack Obama. . . .
Their strategy calls for redefining conservative churches and Christians as “white nationalist” and target them for attacks in the media, on social media, and by weaponizing the federal Department of Justice against these declared enemies.
All Christians who love their country, God and the Constitution will be targeted. Black churches and black pastors will not get a pass. . . .
(Excerpt from World View Weekend Broadcast Network. Article by Leo Hohmann. Photo Credit: Getty Images.)