March 27, 2020 | Kelly Balarie
(From IFA Staff: We want to encourage you in these trying times, and be sure – this mountain will move. Look up! As our focus turns from the mountain to the One who created all things, it doesn’t seems so big anymore!)
We plan our ways. We think we are heading the right direction – and then we get stopped. Dead in our tracks – we get stopped.
This can be so entirely frustrating when we are giving it our all, when we are trying our best and when we are submitting ourselves to the Lord’s will…
I was seeking him as I climbed his tallest mountains of purpose.
That is, until I ran right into it…
Until a rock came right up against me and stopped me in my tracks…
I couldn’t move it.
I couldn’t cut it.
I couldn’t climb it.
Or push it.
Do you know how frustrating it is to feel blocked in life? To see where you need to be, but not to be there? How do we address the insurmountable rocks in our lives…
Truly, when we focus on the size of the barrier before us, we miss the size of our God above us.
When we focus on the obstacle in our way, we don’t realize that He may have a better way.
When we focus on how we can’t move, we start to feel like we have something to prove.
Find encouragement in our free resource: How Do I Find Peace?
God has something better for us.
He has his promises:
– God is for us. (Romans 8:31)
– God has a plan. (Proverbs. 16:9)
– God’s timing is perfect. (Ecclesiastes. 8:6)
– God renews our strength in a time of wait. (Isaiah 40:31)
– God’s ways are greater than ours. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
– There is no thwarting the purposes of the Lord. (Isaiah 14:27)
– God’s will be done – not our will be done. (Luke 22:42)
– There’s no one who can guide us like God. (James 1:5)
– Rocks in our path prove as opportunities to flex our faith muscles. (Romans 5:4)
– We can wallow in sadness or we can step forward in faith. (Hebrews 11:1)
– We are more than just conquerors in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:37)
– Never was there one victory of the Lord that wasn’t accomplished. (1 Cor. 15:57)
– Nothing holds God back from his purposes. (Proverbs 19:21)
– We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. (Philippians 4:13)
– As we lean on the Lord, he will faithfully guide us in his ways. (Psalm 32:8)
– God can move mountains. (Mark 11:23)…
This rock may look like a barrier, but it’s through this rock we will overcome – through the power of Christ who works within. Whether he leads us over, pivots us, crumbles the mountain or draws us closer to him – choose to cling to him, the solid rock.