Twitter’s ban on then President Donald Trump after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by his supporters was a “grave mistake” that had to be corrected, CEO Elon Musk said Friday, although he also stated that incitement to violence would continue to be prohibited on Twitter.

“I’m fine with Trump not tweeting,” Musk tweeted. “The important thing is that Twitter correct a grave mistake in banning his account, despite no violation of the law or terms of service.

“Deplatforming a sitting president undermined public trust in Twitter for half of America.”

In another thread, Musk vowed to support Ron DeSantis in 2024 if the Florida governor, who recently coasted to a second term, were to run for president.

Last week, Musk announced the reactivation of Trump’s account after a slim majority voted in a Twitter poll in favor of reinstating Trump, who said, however, he had no interest in returning to Twitter. He added he would stick with his own social media site Truth Social, the app developed by Trump Media & Technology Group.

Republican Trump, who 11 days ago announced he was running for election again in 2024, was banned Jan. 8, 2021, from Twitter under its previous owners…. (Excerpt from Newsmax)

Share

Click below to share this with others

Log in to Join the Conversation

Log in to your IFA account to start a discussion, comment, pray, and interact with our community.