November 21, 2020 | From Karen Quiroz
The mission is to read the Bible over our nation 24 hours a day, from cover to cover, until Inauguration Day (or longer if The Lord brings about a Bible revival)! This model involves individuals, families, or groups signing up to read God’s word during 1 hour shifts.
Participating is easy. When it is time for your shift, call into the Intercessors For America conference line to start reading where the previous shift ends. If there is more than 1 person signed up during your time, then you will take turns reading chapters.
Below are 5 Reasons to join the BIBLE Read-A-Thon for you to prayerfully consider and share:
1. Whether we are reading God’s word aloud with a group, 1 other person, or by ourselves, we know OUR FATHER HEARS and is PLEASED, and at the name of Jesus, all spiritual enemies flee! His word does not return void (Isaiah 55:11) and the power of life and death is in our tongue (Proverbs 18:21).
2. Believers are called to work together. This is one way to unite with others across our country (both on our shifts, and as a movement). This beautiful picture of The Body of Christ in action helps us remember that The Body is much bigger than our local church! It also gives us accountability and commitment to be in the Word and to stand firm (Ephesians 4:15-16, 1 Cor. 12, Ephesians 6:13-17).
3. We need to spend more time LISTENING to God and His words, and then pray according to HIS will as The Spirit leads. This includes listening to The Lord by reading all books of the Bible, not just the ones we like. The Bible Read-A-Thon can challenge us in these areas and help us develop new habits. (Proverbs 28:9, Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
4. Through the Bible Read-A-Thon you will be personally edified – FAITH comes by HEARING, and HEARING by the word of God (Romans 10:17).This verse may be about salvation, but it applies to spiritual growth as well. There is just something so powerful about HEARING God’s word from your own mouth or the mouths of others. Also, reading out loud can help you to focus, “hear” God, and understand in a new or fresh way.
5. The future of our families and country depends on our choice to prioritize God’s word and treat it with respect. We make appointments and time for the things that are important to us. This is a message to The Lord, and an example to our children and grandchildren SHOWING that we believe God’s word is VALUABLE! IT’S TIME FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GOD’S PEOPLE TO… RETURN TO HIS WORD. (Psalm 119:11, Psalm 119:05, and Hosea 4:6)
No time to join? Consider swapping this hour for your usual “quiet time”. The Lord has spoken to many people using a passage of the Bible they happened to fall on during their shift. Also, many people find time by fasting 1 hour from social media or other electronics.
Ready to sign up or want more information? Here is the link linkhttps://www.signupgenius.com/go/IFAbible which also has detailed directions and a FAQ doc. At this point over 80 people have participated, but we are seeking others to unite in this initiative to flood our nation with the power of God’s word (Hebrews 4:12) and glorify God across America! (Photo Credit: .)